Friday, January 14, 2011

Couple of Vids

Hey all,
I was thinking that perhaps I was getting a bit on the brainy side the last couple of posts so I thought I would present a couple of great things I watched today. We live in an amazing era as far as finding all sorts of footage of great players that may not be with us anymore.
This is the great British drummer Kenny Clare who I personally have been remiss in not checking out more. Dig the snare with the wrinkled head and also check out the drum time keeping on this piece. Great concept!



Up next is one of my favorite classical pieces, Aaron Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man". I think I've mentioned my regret that I've never done any orchestral playing. This is one piece I would love to play any of the percussion parts on.


No comments:

Post a Comment