Friday, November 29, 2019

The Singles Scene

Okay, the title is VERY ironic! I got married in June and have never been happier.

No, I'm talking about single strokes. The first rudiment. In my opinion, the most challenging rudiment. Lastly, in my playing it's the rudiment I'm most dissatisfied  with.
So.... were a little early here, but I think 2020 is going to be the year I focus somewhat on my single strokes. meaning, I'm going to practice them every day and  try and find new ways of applying them.
Couple of other things.
-I'm going to attempt to increase my relaxation as the tempos go up.
- I am going to completely forget about it when i go play with people.
- At the end of 2020, I'm going to take stock, and see what ( if any) progress I have made.

Here's any early set of exercises I'm doing. The first one is pretty commonplace, but I think the 2nd one is mine. It seems easy to look at but it's certainly challenging for me.

Okay, that's it. I'll keep adding exercises and let you know how it's going.


No comments:

Post a Comment