Thursday, June 18, 2020

Rex Story Sessions # 16

Short post today. I did a short interview and solo as part of a series called " Rex Story Sessions". For those of you viewing this from far away, The Rex Hotel is Toronto's main venue for Jazz performance. It's challenging to accurately convey how important The Rex is to musicians and the music scene in general. I have been very fortunate to perform there hundreds, if not thousands of times over the years and I have never enjoyed a more respectful and encouraging relationship with a club as I have with Tom Tytel, Bob and Avi Ross, and all the great Rex staff. We are lucky to have them. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I just told my son about that performance. Couldn't remember Hard Luck Woman, but remembered Yellow Submarine and the encore, Crocodile Rock. Remember the extra guitarists that were joined to the ensemble? And I think one at the piano.

    ReplyDelete