Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Harmony, the elephant in the room part 2

Hey,
Sorry, I've been running around like a madman the last couple of days and haven't had any time to film any stuff yet. In fact, over the holidays I've been playing way more piano and (my secret love) harmonica. I had a rehearsal for a new trio with Kim Ratcliffe and Pat Collins. We were playing a bunch of new stuff by Kim and I was amazed at how much more I hear now that I've been working on learning and blowing over changes. For those of you that feel you're in a rut with your playing, this may help you the way it's helped me.

Here's a great example of Jack DeJohnette's piano playing. He's an inspiration as always!
I would also be remiss if I didn't mention this recording is with Eddie Gomez on Bass as well as the very underrated drummer Freddie Waits.

More video coming soon....I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment