Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Up tempo brushes

Hey,
Here's 3 videos dealing with playing up tempos with brushes.
Sorry about the technical issues. Maybe I need to hire Jesse Cahill to be my videographer, he seems to be doing much better than me! By the way, check out his latest posting on ways to develop triplet-based comping stuff. Very cool!
Anyway, the gist of what I was saying is that sometimes we have to break the ride rhythm up between hands when playing brushes.
The 2nd video got pretty trashy sounding in the playing (even though you can hear what I'm saying, sigh!) So I did the 3rd video silent movie style and with the snares off again so the examples are a little easier to hear. (If a sequel to "The Artist" is being made, you can get a hold of me here!)










Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment