Monday, November 1, 2021

Fast and Light, that's the way to do it, see?

This title is a variation on the classic line from this Flintstones episode……


Upon further consideration, this would probably better to use in a post on ballads, but no matter, the 'Stones can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned! 

Also concerning me lately is developing a lighter touch, especially while playing quick tempos. I'm focusing on not lifting my sticks higher than needed etc. Also working on balancing my flat ride with my other cymbals, which I have always found challenging…..

Here's an attempt from yesterday. I'm thinking of the tune Cherokee.

I've always found it rather ironic that a comfortable feeling volume at the drums is usually too loud for most acoustic instruments and environments. Just one of our crosses to bear, but it does get better with practice. Try it and you'll see! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment